The primary purpose of hiring an air hostess, flight attendant, or cabin crew is to ensure the comfort and safety of passengers on airline flights, commercial flights, business jets, or military aircraft. Learning how to become an Air Hostess requires an understanding of what she is accountable for during a flight. If you are thinking about an aviation career, you have come to the right place. This detailed guide to pursuing a career as an air hostess includes details on colleges and programs, expenses, salaries, required credentials, and more.
- Education: 10+2 with a degree in hospitality or flight attendant certification
- the entrance test The results of the entrance exam (AIAEE, NCHMCT JEE, AEEE) are used to determine admission (for some universities)
- Communication, attention to detail, and professionalism are required skills.
- 18 to 26 years of age
- Minimum height: 5′ to 5’2″
- Expect to earn: 5 lakhs annually
- Pacific Airways, the Indira Gandhi Institute of Aeronautics (IGIA), the Universal Aviation Academy, and the Frankfinn Institute of Air Hostess Training are among India’s air hostess training institutions.
What qualifications must you possess to work as an air hostess?
The main prerequisites for working as an air hostess in India are as follows:
- You must have earned your 10+2 diploma or its equivalent from an accredited institution to work as an air hostess.
- Candidates with degrees in tourism, travel, and hospitality are given preference.
- Both basic computer knowledge and math proficiency are very helpful.
- You can obtain certification and license from an authorized body that controls all facets of civil aviation in a particular nation, such as the FAA (The Federal Aviation Administration) in the US, after completing a formal training program.
How Can I Get Into Air Hostessing After My 12th?
To enroll in Air Hostess training at these academies and institutes in India, you might need to pass an entrance exam as well as an interview round.
To aid you in your research on how to become an air hostess, we have listed the top universities and colleges that offer training programs for cabin crew all over the world below:
- Community College of Glendale
- College of the Moraine Valley
- County of Baltimore Community College
- Technical College of Gwinnett
- Orange Coast University
- University of Ball State
- Liberty College
- International Academy of Air and Hospitality
Categories of air hosts
Although working as an Air Hostess can be demanding, there are opportunities to travel. The groups that air hostesses most frequently belong to are listed below.
- Cabin crew: Cabin crew is in charge of the passengers’ comfort, safety, and assistance on short- and long-haul flights.
- Ground Crew: The ground crew is in charge of looking after passengers before, after, and during the trip. They are also in charge of responding to questions from passengers, giving out information about flights, and making sure they don’t run into any difficulties while traveling.
- Sky Marshal: A sky marshal is a secret law-authorized or fear-based oppressor specialist who works to thwart hijackings on board commercial aircraft.
How to Become an Indian Air Hostess?
Being an air hostess in India is a challenging job. Candidates who are interested in this position should start studying as soon as they graduate from high school to prepare their minds to handle challenges (10th). After choosing the appropriate topics, students must get ready to graduate before enrolling in an Air Hostess Training Diploma program.
- An Air Hostess must have completed any senior secondary-level subject.
- To gain admission to a prestigious aviation institution while pursuing your senior secondary education (10+2), start preparing for entrance exams like the AIAEE, NCHMCT JEE, AEEE, and others.
How to work as an air hostess abroad?
Taking an aviation course abroad to work as an air hostess is one of the most sought-after careers. You won’t need to worry about the future if you work as an Air Hostess. The program’s level of difficulty is essentially the same as that in India. Before applying to any of the international institutions, one must first pass one of the language proficiency tests, such as the TOEFL or IELTS, to be qualified to study abroad and work as an Air Hostess.
Important Positions and Duties
The following is a list of a few duties given to air hosts during a flight:
- Ensure Passengers’ Comfort and Safety: They manage requests from passengers, provide food and drinks, and console sick people.
- Assisting Deplaning Passengers: As the aircraft descends, it is the responsibility of the flight attendant to make sure that everyone is safely seated and that all loose items and trash have been collected and secured.
- Conduct pre-and post-flight inspections: Safety equipment is tested before takeoff to ensure that it is in good working order, and post-flight inspections guarantee that all passenger belongings have been removed and that seats and trays have been properly positioned.
A reputable and glamorous career as an air hostess has the power to transform your life. As an air hostess, you can work for airlines for a very brief time, but once you gain experience, there is a tonne of opportunities on the ground level. The salary packages for air hostesses have no upper limit. All you require is a positive outlook, strong behavioral traits, and effective communication.